Streptavidin is used extensively in molecular biology and bionanotechnology due to its extraordinarily high affinity for biotin (dissociation constant in the femtomolar range). The binding of biotin to streptavidin is one of the strongest non-covalent interactions known in nature. Streptavidin is a 52.8 kDa homo-tetramer protein purified from the bacterium Streptomyces avidini. This personalized kit is designed for streptavidin to work with any IgG antibody. Using the kit components, the customer converts their antibody (supplied by the customer) to a thiol-antibody, which is then reacted with activated streptavidin to generate the streptavidin-antibody conjugates. The combination of filtration and scavenger type purification steps typically provides the resulting streptavidin-antibody at greater than 90% purity.
This kit provides materials to label one (CM52420x1) to three antibody samples (CM52420x3). Total amount of activated streptavidin included in a reaction: 2 mg. Amount of IgG needed: 1 mg per reaction.
Key Features of this Streptavidin-Antibody Conjugation Kit:
- Use of heterobifunctional crosslinkers for direct labeling and conjugation in a two-step process
- Better control over the conjugation process,
- Limit self-coupling and polymerization that often encountered when EDC or homobifunctional crosslinkers are used
- Target 2-4 streptavidin per antibody for a typical labeling
- Free or less than 10% unreacted streptavidin and antibody
- All reagents included, from preparation to purification
- Options to choose tailored services at CellMosaic after conjugation
After conjugation: you can choose to send your sample to CellMosaic for HPLC analysis of the conjugates.
Typical Kit Performance Data (LC Analysis, CellMosaic)
Antibody information: A therapeutic antibody (Human IgG1 subtype)
Kit Lot number: S205.S9.111621
Figure 1: Size-exclusion HPLC analysis of the antibody (Ab, green), activated streptavidin (Strep, blue), and purified streptavidin-antibody conjugates (red).