CellMosaic® has designed this personalized HRP–protein conjugation kit to work with any protein with a MW over 20KDa. For protein with a MW less than 20KDa, please check CM52415 instead. The customer supplies their own unmodified protein. Using the kit components, the customer converts some of the surface amines of the protein to free thiol groups. The thiol-protein can then react with activated HRP to generate the HRP–protein conjugates. A subsequent capping step removes any unreacted thiols on the protein. A one step purification process typically provides the resulting HRP–Protein conjugates at greater than 90% content.
This kit provides materials to label one protein. Total amount of activated HRP included in a reaction: 2 mg.
Requirement for protein:
- Amount: 8 nmol (400 µg if the MW of protein is 50KDa) (Lower amount of protein is fine, but will require kit customization. Please contact us for the customization)
- Preferably >90% pure by gel electrophoresis or SEC HPLC analysis
- Protein has some lysine residues
Key Features of this HRP-Protein Conjugation Kit:
- Use of heterobifunctional crosslinkers for direct labeling and conjugation in a two-step process
- Better control over the conjugation process,
- Limit self coupling and polymerization that often encountered when EDC or homobifunctional crosslinkers are used
High quality maleimide activated HRP for the conjugation: >99% purity and >200 units/mg protein activity
Target 1−3 HRP per protein (actual loading will depend on your protein)
≥90% HRP−Protein conjugates if the quality of the protein is at par
Preparation can be done in a day with less than 3 h hands-on time
All reagents included, from preparation to purification
- Options to choose tailored services at CellMosaic® after conjugation
- You can choose to send your conjugates to CellMosaic® for HPLC analysis of the sample or complete removal of HRP and/or unreacted protein.