CellMosaic’s thiol activated Horseradish Peroxidase (HRP) is designed for direct conjugation of HRP with proteins, peptides, or other ligands containing maleimide, haloacetyl, and thiol groups for use as an enzyme-linked detection reagent. This product consists of HRP that has been modified with 1-3 pyridyl disulfide groups per HRP molecule with a long PEG spacer. The pyridyl disulfide of the HRP needs to be reduced to produce the free thiol groups prior reacting with maleimide and haloacetyl derivatives. But it can be also used to react directly with -SH groups of the proteins, peptides, or other ligands to form reversible disulfide linkages. Upon conjugation, the activated HRP will be covalently attached to the sulfhydryl-containing compounds to generate primarily single labeled HRP-conjugate reporter probes.
Shipping policy: heat-sensitive, choose overnight (ships Mon.-Thur.) or 2-day delivery (ships Mon.-Wed.) at checkout.
- Couple HRP to antibodies & other proteins for Western Blotting & ELISA
- Couple HRP to oligonucleotides for in-situ hybridization
Key Features of this Maleimide activated HRP
- Lyophilized powder and ready to be reduced by DTT or TCEP after reconstitution with water, no buffer is needed.
- Suitable for single label, average disulfide groups per HRP: 1-3
- High purity: ≥ 99%
- Activity: >200 units/mg protein