Keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) is used extensively as a carrier protein for antibody production. KLH is a large, oxygen-carrying, and multi-subunit protein that contains chelated copper of non-heme origin. CellMosaic® has designed this personalized KLH conjugation kit to work with any small molecule containing a carboxylic acid (-COOH) functional group. Using the kit components, the customer converts the carboxylic acid to an activated Sulfo N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS) ester, followed by reaction with the surface amino groups of the protein to form a stable amide bond. The final product is purified to remove any unreacted small molecule acid.
This kit provides materials to perform one KLH labeling. Total amount of KLH included: 5 mg.
Requirement for Small Molecule
- Preferably contains only one carboxylic acid (-COOH)
- Total amount: ≥ 1.8 µmol
- Preferably > 90% pure
- Absence of primary or secondary amine (-NH2) groups
- The presence of the hydroxide (-OH) group will not affect the labeling
Key Features of this PerKit™
- Offers a simple and easy way to label KLH with any small molecule containing carboxylic acid
- Fast and easy preparation: 4 hr preparation and <30 minutes hands-on time
- All reagents and supplies included for preparation and purification
- Over 90% pure conjugated products by SEC
- Options to choose tailored services at CellMosaic® prior to and after conjugation
Prior to conjugation: you can upload your small molecule information when you place your order. CellMosaic® will check if your molecule is compatible with this kit.
After conjugation: you can choose to send your sample to CellMosaic® for HPLC analysis.