Bovine serum albumin (also known as BSA or "Fraction V") is a serum albumin protein derived from cows. BSA is often used as a carrier protein for immunization. CellMosaic® has designed this personalized BSA conjugation kit to work with any small molecule containing an aliphatic carboxylic acid (-COOH) functional group. Using the kit components, the customer converts the carboxylic acid to an activated N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS) ester, followed by reaction with the surface amino groups of the protein to form a stable amide bond. The final product is purified to remove any unreacted small molecule acid.
This kit provides materials to perform one BSA labeling. Total amount of BSA included: 5 mg.
Requirement for Small Molecule
- Preferably > 90% pure
- Absence of primary or secondary amine (-NH2) groups
- Preferably contains only one non-hindered aliphatic carboxylic acid (-COOH)
- For molecule containing aromatic carboxylic acid, hindered aliphatic carboxylic acid, or hydroxyl (-OH) groups, please use CM52425 (PerKit™ PerKit™ BSA Universal Small Molecule Acid Conjugation Kit) instead.
Key Features of this PerKit™
- Offers a simple and easy way to label BSA with any small molecule containing carboxylic acid
- Fast and easy preparation: 4 h preparation and <30 minutes hands-on time
- All reagents and supplies included for preparation and purification
- Over 90% pure conjugated products by SEC
- Options to choose tailored services at CellMosaic
Prior to conjugation: you can upload your small molecule information when you place your order. CellMosaic will check if your molecule is compatible with this kit.
After conjugation: you can choose to send your sample to CellMosaic for HPLC analysis.