This is a personalized conjugation kit (PerKit™) for antibody (IgG) labeling of a small molecule containing carboxylic acid (-COOH) functional groups. Using the kit components, the customer converts the carboxylic acid to an activated N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS) ester, followed by reaction with the surface amino groups of the protein to form a stable amide bond. The final product is purified to remove any unreacted small molecule acid.
This kit provides materials to label 1-3 mg of one antibody sample (IgG) with small molecule acid.
Requirement for Small Molecule
- Preferably > 90% pure by C18 HPLC
- Total amount: 20 µmol
- Absence of primary or secondary amine (-NH2) groups
- Preferably contains only one non-hindered aliphatic carboxylic acid (-COOH)
- For molecule containing aromatic carboxylic acid, hindered aliphatic carboxylic acid, or hydroxyl (-OH) groups, please consult CellMosaic for custom conjugation service.
Requirement for Antibody (IgG)
- Preferably > 90% pure by gel electrophoresis
- Total amount: 1-3 mg protein content as measured by UV
Key Features of this PerKit™
- Offers a simple and easy way to label IgG with any small molecule containing carboxylic acid
- Fast and easy preparation: 4 h preparation and <30 minutes hands-on time
- Offers in-process optimization of the degree of loading during the conjugation
- All reagents and supplies included for preparation and purification
- Over 90% pure conjugated products by SEC
- Options to choose tailored services at CellMosaic after conjugation
After conjugation: you can choose to send your sample to CellMosaic for HPLC analysis and calculation of the loading.
Schematic diagram of the workflow for preparing antibody-small molecule conjugates starting with 3 mg of IgG (volume of reagents varies if the amount of IgG is < 3 mg)